- The Bitcoin halving is expected to occur at the end of 11 May 2020 UTC time. There will be a number of online events celebrating the halving, including a few in VR, that you can check out:
- Kraken and RecklessVR Party – https://account.altvr.com/events/1466110177257193941
- Bitcoin Magazine Party – https://www.bitcoinhalving.com/
- Alien Tree House VRChat Party – https://twitter.com/AlienTreeHouse/status/1257860004432019457
- Bitmain confirmed that some batches of its S17+ Bitcoin ASIC units are defective and that they are working on a solution to replace them. Some customers are reporting a 30% failure rate after 1 month of usage.
- Cambridge Center for Alternative Finance released a Bitcoin Mining Map showing the geography of miners connected to Btc.com, Poolin, and ViaBTC. 65% of miners are reported to be in China, with US, Russia, and Khazakstan reporting shares of 6-7% each.
- Equihash (for ZCash) has been added to the Warihash market.
The Bitcoin halving is coming soon. Are you guys ready?